Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Something Funny Happened on the Way to my Email..

Normally, at this hour of the night or early morning I should say, I check my e-mails before fading comfortably into a sweet slumber. However, tonight at approximately 12:40am, I checked my email and was given a funny, yet certainly needed, surprise. From time to time I will receive messages from the NBA that will give me updates on job openings within the company, or with one of the several franchises. To my utter delight, I was given an email to apply for this position:

Public Relations Coordinator: New York Knicks.

Hilarious. Not only was did I smile and immediately laugh at the notion, but I began ponder the overall look of the Knicks organization. That email completely summed up the way the Knicks act has gone for the past few season. Now word has gotten out that Stephon Marbury will miss two games, and possibly more, with a bad ankle that may require a fix. The situation will not get any better until Isiah Thomas is relieved of his duties and until James Dolan is no longer associated with the team. I believe that the real enemy should be James Dolan, not Isiah Thomas, due to his incoherent reign as the top dog of the franchise. It's humorous the think the Knicks ship has sunk so low, but it has. Even after a huge blowout win against the Pistons, negative word has to come out regarding Marbury. For every positive, there have been multiple negatives. James Dolan has to go.

And the Knicks have to stop stalking my emails asking me if I'm interested in becoming the next Anucha Browne Sanders.

Cause I don't.

No comments: