Friday, January 4, 2008

NFL Weekend Picks


Here are my first playoff week picks. That way, down the road, I can look back and see how incredibly wrong I was...

Saturday 4:30pm Washington @ Seattle:
-Alot of people are hopping on the Redskin bandwagon, and I can understand why. They have faith on their side for one thing (Sean Taylor), and are on a roll. But Todd Collins and playoff win just dont seem to add up in my mind. All in all, this will be a close one I believe, with the Rain and Wind a big factor. The ground games will be on call, and that obviously gives the Redskins an edge. However, Seattle has a great home-field advantage, and I think they overcome the weather and squeak out a close victory. SEATTLE 24, WASHINGTON 20

Saturday 8pm Jacksonville @ Pittsburgh:
-Wow, David Garrard. Who knew that you could lead a team like this? The guy had the tools coming up from East Carolina, and the team obviously saw this by keeping him around behind Mark Brunell and Byron Leftwich. Well, great job, because you have had one of the best seasons this year for a QB and JAX is a team nobody wants to mess with. Pittsburgh can talk tough, but they are depleted all over the place, especially on the O-Line. Look for JAX to continue the hot streak in a victory over PIT.
JACKSONVILLE 31, PITTSBURGH 23


Be back later with the Sunday Games.

No comments: